Chimney fire spreads on Merry Lane

Author: Patricia Gay  
Date: December 23, 2009
Publication: Weston Forum, The (CT)
Page: 10A

The Weston Volunteer Fire Department was able to extinguish a spreading chimney fire at a home on Merry Lane before it caused serious damage to the house. On Monday, Dec. 14, around 1 a.m., the fire department received a call there was a chimney fire in progress at a residence at 4 Merry Lane. "The homeowner said the fire in the fireplace, which is on the first floor of the house, had gone out, but there was some crackling in the walls and an odor of smoke in the...